Welcome to the 2018 Survey of VA Enrollees' Health and Use of Health Care
This annual VA survey asks about how Veterans use VA services and what types of services they do or do not use. Even if you are not a current user of VA health care, your answers to the survey questions are important. This survey takes about 20 minutes to complete.
If you require assistance from another person to complete this survey, it is alright to ask another person to fill the survey out on your behalf as long as they are able to answer questions about your health care, health benefits, and health status.
Questions or concerns? Call the Survey of Enrollees Information Line at 1-888-203-1288 or send
an email to support@VHASurvey.org. Center staff are available 7 days a week from 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. Eastern time.
The Survey of Enrollees is 508 Conformant and, therefore, may be completed online with the use of a screen reader. If you are using a screen reader to complete this survey, please select the check box below.
PAPERWORK REDUCTION ACT INFORMATION: This information is collected according to the clearance requirements of section 3507 of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. No persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless it displays a valid Office of Management and Budget (OMB) control number. The valid OMB control number for this information collection is 2900-0609. The time required to complete this information collection is estimated to average 21 minutes per response, including the time to review instructions, search existing data resources, gather the data needed, and complete and review the information collection. The information requested on this survey will be used to help VA assess the health status of Veterans and plan health care services. A response to this survey is voluntary.
VA SURVEY OF VETERAN ENROLLEES’ HEALTH AND USE OF HEALTH CARE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the Survey of Veteran Enrollees’ Health and Use of Health Care (Survey of Enrollees)?
How was I selected?
- The Enrollees Survey is a nationwide survey of enrolled Veterans conducted every year.
- More than 42,000 Veterans per year participate in the survey.
- The survey asks questions about your use of health care, insurance benefits, and your health status.
- Your answers will help VA improve services and provide better programs for the Veterans that need them.
What are you asking me to do?
- You were randomly selected from all Veterans enrolled in VA health services to participate in this scientific survey.
- Your responses will represent the experiences of many other Veterans throughout the country.
How do I complete the survey?
- We are asking you to please complete the Survey of Veteran Enrollees – it will take about 20 minutes.
Why should I complete the survey?
- You can complete the survey online by entering your 7-digit PIN below. Or, you will also receive a paper version of the survey by mail within the next few weeks.
What kind of questions are in the survey?
- Your responses represent the most accurate, up-to-date information about Veterans enrolled in VA health care systems.
- To make sure the results of the survey represent the Veteran population as a whole, it is very important to hear from everyone who was selected.
- Your answers will help to improve VA health care services.
Will the survey affect my VA benefits?
- The survey includes questions about your health status, health insurance, use of health services whether at VA or with other providers, your service history, and demographics (e.g., age, gender, etc.).
Who is conducting this survey?
- No, the survey will NOT affect your VA benefits. Your VA benefits cannot bereduced or changed because of your answers, or whether or not you complete the survey.
- Your participation is voluntary.
How will you protect my privacy?
- The Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Office of the Assistant Deputy Under Secretary for Health for Policy and Planning is conducting the survey.
- This office serves as an advisor on VHA policy, strategic planning, and forecasting demand for health care services.
- Advanced Survey Design (ASD), a service-disabled Veteran-owned small business, is under contract to collect data for the survey. https://www.AdvancedSurveyDesign.com
Who can I call if I have questions about the survey?
- VA and ASD will protect your identity to the fullest extent allowed under the law.
- Your personal information will be secured in an encrypted electronic file.
- Your answers will be combined with answers from other Veterans in the study and secured in a protected electronic file.
- Your answers will not be connected to your name.
- Your answers will be identified by a number only.
- Your personal information will not be put in any report about this survey.
What should I do if I cannot complete the survey using the online website?
- If you have questions about the survey, you can call the Survey of Enrollees Help Desk at 1-888-203-1288. Help Desk staff are available daily from 9am to 9pm Eastern time.
- If you have questions for the VA, you may call the VA toll free number at:
Who can I call if I have questions about VA benefits?
- That’s no problem. If you do not want to complete the survey online or do not have a computer, you can still participate.
- You will automatically receive a paper survey in the mail within the next few weeks.
- If you have questions about your VA benefits, you can call VA toll free at: 1-800-827-1000.
- You can also visit VA’s website at https://www.va.gov.